Asclepias Milkweed Yellow
Milkweed is a perennial also known as Butterfly Weed and is the exclusive food source for the Monarch Butterfly larvae. Many pollinators including butterflies and hummingbirds are attracted to these brightly colored yellow clusters of small flat topped flowers. Annie's Bloomers uses only beneficial sprays on our milkweeds and that will not harm the Monarch Butterfly larvae. That being said, our Milkweeds do grow in a shared greenhouse, so please wait a week to 10 days before introducing them to the larvae. Please Note: Shipping to Arizona is unavailable.
- Two 4-Inch Pots, Each Containing 2 Small Starter Plants.
- Exclusive Food Source for Monarch Butterfly Larvae. Also Attracts Other Butterflies, Bees, and Hummingbirds.
- Upright growth habit with mature height of 3' and clusters of yellow 1 - 2" blooms
- Full Sun to light shade, blooming Spring through Fall
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 8-11