Pennisetum 'Red Fountain Grass'
Red Fountain Grass is a tender perennial grass that is native to Africa, southeast Asia and the Middle East. It is a rapid-growing, clump-forming grass that produces arching, linear, narrow reddish-purple leaves to 3’ tall and late summer flower spikes that rise above the foliage to 4’ tall. In warm areas where it may be grown as a perennial, it readily self seeds. In colder areas, it dies in winter. Overall clump appearance is reminiscent of water spraying from a fountain, hence the common name. Please Note: Shipping to Arizona is unavailable.
- Two 4-Inch Pots, Each Containing 2 Small Starter Plants.
- Red Grass has a deep red/purple foliage that arcs up and out just like a water fountain!
- Likes Full Sun to Partial Shade and Moderate Watering
- USDA Cold Hardiness: Zones 9-10
- Grows well in containers, planters, and flowerbeds!